Organize your binder. Professionally made tab titles help users find what they need.
Sort and organize your binder contents into sections that are easily identified by index tab dividers.
- PAPER or POLY: Index tabs are available on paper pages or poly. Our team is happy to help you choose the best tab type for your project.
- PRINTING: Tab titles can be printed in black ink on the front only (1/0) or front /back (1/1) of the index tabs. Additional ink colors are available and you can provide the applicable PMS (Pantone Matching System) number you need printed. Reverse out printing is offered on the tab extension, if you prefer the tab extension to be a solid PMS color, with tab titles in white.
Body copy printing is available and refers to printing the entire body of the tab sheet as a solid printed PMS color with art design/tab title in white or printing the tab design in one or more colors (including four color process) on the body of the tab sheet. PMS ink colors and body copy will add to the cost of your index tabs.
- SHEET SIZES: (Size of the sheet of paper that your binder will hold) Standard sizes are:
- 11” x 8.5” plus ½” tab extension (overall sheet size 9” x 11”)
- 8.5” x 5.5” plus ½” tab extension (overall sheet size 8.5” x 6”)
- 9.5” x 6” plus ½” tab extension (overall sheet size 9.5” x 6.5”)
- TAB LAYOUT: There are many different tab layouts and corresponding hole placements. Whether vertical or horizontal, side, top or bottom – we can create exactly what you need. Click here to see the possibilities.
- DIE CUT: The extension of the tab refers to the part of the index tab that extends past the width of your sheet. Our tabs extend ½” past your sheet and this measurement is fixed; however, the tabs can vary in width. The width of the tab can be adjusted to create various tab-cuts. For example, if you need 3 tabs in one row, we would use a 3 tab-cut layout; if you need 7 tabs on one row, we would use 7 tab-cut layout and so on. See an index tab template here.
- REINFORCING: Add a reinforcing strip on the binding side of your index tabs to extend the life of the tab by protecting the drilled (punched) holes. The reinforcing strip is generally located on the backside of your tab sheets.
- DRILLING: Three-hole drilling (punching) at 5/16” diameter is most common; however, we can drill any number of holes to match your ring metal and in most diameters.
- COLLATING: Collate your index tabs into sets so they arrive to you ready to insert into your binder. Un-collated sets will arrive to you with all of the first position Tabs grouped together, second position Tabs grouped together, third grouped together etc. and you will need to put the un-collated sets into the correct order before inserting into the binder.
- PAPER COLORS: We use #110 white index as our standard house sheet for most index tab orders. Additional paper colors, paper thicknesses (weights), and finishes can be ordered upon request.
- MYLAR COLORS (for paper pages): Choose Clear Mylar to allow the paper color and ink color to show through or choose from a variety of Mylar colors at no extra charge.
- POLY COLORS:
Our sales team will be happy to explain the Index Tab options available as well as answer any questions you may have. Contact us or call 1-800-962-1807 for immediate service or for any questions regarding our Index Tab Dividers.